Friday, April 20, 2007

Of Wicked Witches and Secret Suppers (and not so empty minds, after all)

My Big Bro and I recently talked about having empty minds. We seemed to have encountered a creative slump at the same time. Although it is a welcome respite from a seemingly endless cycle of thinking, thinking and thinking (which we enjoy especially since even if we don't want to, our minds just go on and on and on. I wonder what our brains look like as we think of the alternate life of an avocado. See? What did I tell you?), it can also cause quite a panic since we're used to our minds just thinking and thinking and thinking.

I think I'll be out of the slump by next week. Maybe it has something to do with the thawing temperatures here. Meantime, conversely, I hope it will be cooler in the Kamuning Republic as I think his has to do with the scorching weather there.

Anyway, I just thought I'd share with you my email to him:



Hi Xioy,

I hope yours is no longer an empty mind. Mine? Well, getting there. I still haven't garnered enough energy to conquer the slump but I feel next week is going to be different.

I just got back however from the interesting journey I went on while reading Wicked. If you can get your hands on a copy, you should. It's the most creative piece I have read so far and it leaves you having a very different opinion of the land of Oz.




My body may be stagnant but my excuse is that at least my mind isn't by virtue of my readings. I am now on the tenth chapter of The Secret Supper by Javier Sierra, set in the 1400's, it's about Da Vinci and his hidden codes in the master piece.

When I work I don't get to read, when I read, I don't get to work.

Must find a balance.

But until then, I am happily content.

I dread next week when I have to force myself to work again. Hahaha

Abueno,
Yami

1 Comments:

Blogger Redster said...

Ni hao! Aha, you are trying to fill your empty mind by copying and pasting emails...

An avocado is not what Rio and Luna have in their heads (typing this helps me fill my mind a few seconds and then it's gone of course as soon as I click "Publish your comment"...)

Tatay to Luna: Gusto mo pa ng kanin? Or sinigang pa?

Luna to Tatay: "Chewbacca!"

Rio to everyone in a low voice wiht a serious face: "That was not funny."

Luna and Mama to Kuya Rio: "Huh?"

Rio to everyone: "That was not funny. It was hilarious."

Then he laughs for ten minutes and Luna joins him and the parents just look at each other and say "Wha?"

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home